Thursday 9 August 2007

I updated this diary yesterday before I started the casual surfing that I normally do each evening. I noticed first, with some satisfaction, that blogger have restored the google type links in your profile (perhaps they should be called 'bloggles'?) where you click on an item in your interests and that gives you a list of everyone else who has such an item in their's. Last time I tried this, I was the only one with 'Mike Ripley'. Now there are two, although he does like the more serious crime writers, whom I find a bit too heavy and/or scary.

So...casually, I put in "Mike Ripley" blog in Google, just to see if anyone, on any blog, anywhere, reads his books. Oddly enough, I would never have found the article that mentions my activities on Amazon, had Mike not mentioned a blog earlier in the article ("writer's blog"....hahaha I'll have to try and remember that one), the one that caught my eye was result "In cold blog. Last time out, I delighted in the news that my old and .... even producing an Amazon Top Ten Mike Ripley Books, which is flattering to say the "

Ah....ding dong....I produced the Top Ten Mike Ripley Books on Amazon, so I had to click the link. And I've been seriously 'made up' about it ever since, until the novelty wears off, or probably something happens at work that sends me back down to earth with a hefty and painful bump.

But...everyone needs something like this. When times are bad, or I feel shitty and/or unloved, I can remember this and smile.

No comments: