Thursday 4 October 2007

On lovely days such as this, in the company of the one I love, I believe myself to be totally blessed and that I live in the most beautiful area of the world.

Oh, I love autumn. It's always been my favourite season, despite the declining daylight hours, but here it is just so special. The visibility to Colwyn Bay and the Ormes beyond was near perfect today, with the sea a gorgeous dark blue with swathes of grey, and cotton puff clouds on a pale blue sky. We have a lot of evergreens here, but the oak and chestnut trees are shedding leaves of burnt orange, each leaf being a masterpiece of unique blend.

And soon, there is the Pensarn beach firework display, usually at the end of the autumn school half term.

All this, gives me enough warmth to last until spring. :-)

1 comment:

Trixie36 said...

Hello Fiona,

I love the fall too. I though you might enjoy the pics on my blog (if you like kids). Fall is in full swing over here in New England.

http://trixie36.blogspot.com/