Wednesday 3 October 2007

Debt. A horrible four letter word. It dawned on me lately though that I have about 18 months left and then I will be completely debt-free, which is no mean feat and will put me in the extremely small percentage that has no credit card, loan or mortgage outstanding.

Strangely though, it may affect my credit rating, and adversely, as the attitude of the various loan companies is that if you don't have some form of debt, you must be a credit risk. Mad.

Anyway, what's happened in the couple of weeks since I last blogged? Well, the c key on my keyboard appears to be playing up which is giving me aggravation as I'm having to hit the darn thing several times before it respondee. Annoying. JS left the dear ol' company, and I will miss him, though I may see him in Rhyl. He has likely been replaced by another who is hearing the spells that they try to cast to entice them into the fold, but I think JH is not quite as blinkered as he was. Wonder if they are male or female? I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks, EL phoned me, wanting some information on the rather-well-known-utilities-company, but I didn't ask after what was happening. I have some standards, y'know.

As often happens at this time of year, I am thinking of education again. I took one of those career tests on the BBC website, and there it is again, psychology. It's one of those subjects that comes up again and again when I take all sorts of different tests to check how my brain works and I must admit, the career oppos do seem to be broader. And safer. After all, society is always going to have problems. Trouble is, psychology is such an expensive and popular subject. It might just be shelved again, until next year, when, doubtless, the tests will tell me again that I am basically in the wrong job.

Though I am getting a self help book on writing novels in the hope that I can get Echoes going again. Finally, I have the full story worked out, I now just have to give it my best.

No comments: