Wednesday 12 September 2007

Prrrtttthhhhhhgukgukgukguk.

The sound of me trying to suppress laughter. I mean, you gotta laugh, the situation is getting silly but, frankly, sometimes my employers have it coming to them.

All recruitment and budget approvals for new starters have to come via the little house in Brum. And because the employer are penny pinching {insert favourite detrimental plural noun here} we end up with temps wanting to be permanent but waiting months for the powers to decide, OK, yeah, you do need that person and you have the approval to pay them just above the minimum wage, by which time...

The temp has got a better offer, or at least a chance of a better offer and, well, they would have stayed had they known for sure they were getting a job.

Mad.

Temp who managed to get permanent job has finally realised that employer is not as fair as they thought they were, and the upshot is that Dilbert is the main management training manual. (As an aside, and I don't know if it's true or not, I heard/read somewhere that at least some of the Dilbert cartoons were actually based on experiences at one of our offices. It really wouldn't surprise me. The Office isn't true worklife. Dilbert is, believe me.)

Double mad.

Oh, and best of all, DPTM, the position I went for a little while ago...has been for job interviews on the time off given by the company for hours spent on our beloved client, such a good job well done that person.

Triple mad.

I am in such a good mood though, even though the payroll is behind due to lack of resource. Hmm. Wonder why.

No comments: